Pay & Accounts Office(EME) Secunderabad - Brief History
The PAO(Ors)EME traces it origin to pre-independent era, then known as Field Pay Office, functioning at Jabalpur for both EME and AOC Corps. In the year 1943, a separate PAO for EME Corps was formed. Since then, marching along with the changing needs/strategies of defence services, in June 1948, it was moved to the "Garden City" of Bangalore. During the year 1951 it was renamed as PAO(ORs)EME. On 5th May, 1958, it was shifted to Secunderabad and starting function with effect from 23rd May 1958.The office functioned for about four decades under high roof barracks which were built for British Officers Hospitals in 1870.

The PAO got its own building in 1999 built in an area of about 3.5 acres with a plinth area of 6500 Sq. Mtrs.

PAO(ORs)EME, in its initial stages was headed by Officers, designated as DFCMA(Deputy Financial Controller of Military Accounts). Prior to 1962, the total strength of IRLAs was about 35,000 and the staff strength was around 600. After 1962, the strength of the PBORs has risen to around 1,30,000.

  CDA Secunderabad 2010

Site Designed and Maintained by
Controller of Defence Accounts
No.1 Staff Road
Secunderabad - 500009

Site Hosted by NIC Hyderabad