| IT&SDC, Secunderabad has been formed
to meet the software development needs of the Department. A new office accommodation of IT&SDC
is complete and was inaugurated on 1st November, 2010 by Shri Nand Kishore, IDAS, Controller General of Defence Accounts.
Projects - Developed & Maintained by IT&SDC
Project Dolphin is an effort to shift the existing COBOL based batch mode PBORs system
to more current RDBMS based on-line System. Project Dolphin has been implemented in all the PAOs.
Features of Project Dolphin
- Designed to be deployed as a centralized application
- On-line system to get immediate feedback
- Can handle electronic data provided by Record Office/Units
- Can handle digital signatures
- Provision for monthly closing of accounts
- Includes requirement of Territorial Army
- The sections in PAOs can view the IRLA on screen
- All the reports available on-line
- Provides on-line help to the users
Project Skylark is customized version of Project Dolphin for PAO(GREF)Pune.
The Project went live with effect from June 2012.